1. Life is no longer so black and white- I am happy living in the gray when situations arise. I find it easier to try to compromise, try to understand the other side of things more. Somewhere down the line I have dealt with something similar and it has worked out one way or another.
2. Going to bed early is not a punishment- I treasure my sleep. If I don't go to that swanky event so I can catch a few more winks, I'm OK with that.
3. Being considered a sage by default- I am asked questions about parenting, life philosophies, marriage, career and my gray hair from younger contemporaries. That gray hair really is conversation starter.
4. Trying new things- I'm not as concerned about failing. For me it is about the experience or as I like to tell my kids, the adventure
5.Talking to everyone- For some reason I feel compelled to talk to anyone around me. I ask many questions about life stories like I am collecting them for a future book I am writing.
6. Feeling connected- Growing up I felt I was learning bits and pieces about life in a silo and now I feel we are all interconnected. The fact that we all have some sort of neuroses is very comforting.
What is your reason?